I received this email today and liked it so much that I wanted to share it with you!
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, it is their conversational skills you'll appreciate the most.
3. Its important NOT to believe everything, spend everything you have or to sleep as much as you want to.
4. Don't tell anyone you love them unless you absolutely do.
5. Look the person in the eye when saying "I'm sorry".
6. Be engaged for at least 6 months before you marry. (That's what the email says. In our case, we dated for about 2 weeks when Stan asked me to marry him and I said "YES!". We were engaged on February 2nd and married on May 2nd. That was just 3 months! To this day, our marriage is great and just keeps getting better and more secure day after day. We are each other's very best friend.)
7. Believe in love at first sight. (It worked for me!)
8. Never laugh at someone else's dream. Without dreams, some people have nothing else.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but that is the only way to live completely.
10. Fight fairly when having a disagreement. Don't do any name-calling.
11. Don't judge people by their relatives.
12. Think quickly but talk s-l-o-w-l-y.
13. When someone asks you a question that you don't want to answer, ask them why they want to know. Smile while you're asking it.
14. You cannot have great love and great achievement without great risk.
15. Say Bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
16. When you lose, don't lose the lesson too.
17. Remember the 3 Rs:
Respect for self
Respect for others
Responsibility for ALL of your actions
18. Don't let a little dispute damage a great relationship.
19. As soon as you know you've made a mistake, fix it IMMEDIATELY.
20. Smile when answering the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
21. Spend some time alone with yourself each and every day. You'll thank yourself for it.