Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Birthday

is always on October 29th.  Wonder how that happens?  I am sure that when I was much younger, I probably would have enjoyed it more to have been on 2 or 3 days every year.  But today, I am quite content just having it just once per year.  I am already 51, ya' know.

Some of you might be shocked that I am willing to disclose that information for everyone to know.  To me, it just isn't that big of a deal.  I've been around a lot, seen a lot, laughed a lot, cried a lot but through it all,  I have survived it all.

In the year, 2002, I came VERY close to having an aneurisym kill me.  Thanks to our Great Lord, it was fixed with open heart surgery and a mechanical heart valve.  When you come that close to death, I believe you appreciate each and every day just that much more.

I am not going to sit here and lie to you.  I was not looking forward to October 29th this year.  My evil side of the coin for bi-polar disorder reared it's ugly head...again.  Even after all of these years, it still shocks me just how quickly I can go from being at the top of the world to the bottom of the heap but it definitely happens to many of us on a very routine basis.  I was looking forward to going to a birthday party last Saturday.  Life took over and I didn't make it.  I wasn't able to force myself to walk out of the door.  This time, my depression was able to convince me that I was physically ill.  That happens with this thing sometimes.

On Sunday morning, I decided that I had to shampoo our bedroom carpet.  During the hour that it too to get it done, something mysterious was happening with my family.  At one time or another, this person or that person left the house.  Where were they going?  And why were they going there???  I had no answers.

Stan and the girls invited me out for a chicken strip lunch in Scott City.  Once my shampooing was done, I took a shower, got dressed and headed for the van.  Funny thing though.  About 2 miles out of town, Leighlyn became very physically ill.  She apologized but asked me if we could turn around and go home.  Of course we could.  There was no way I wouldn't be willing to do that.  Once back in town, Stan drove us home the l-o-n-g way.  We ended up coming in from the back side of our house.  Probably because he didn't want me to see anything on the front side of the house.  LOL! 

So he parked the vehicle next to the garage.  We all walked in through the utility room door.  Just a few steps in, I could smell something good.  It smelled like turkey.  Hmmm...Where did that come from?  We have Scentsy pots in most of our rooms and we keep them working most of the time.  We have bunches of fragrances but not any that I could remember smelled like turkey...

Once inside the living room, we discovered that we had company and they were bringing in an early Thanksgiving dinner!  YAY!!!  From that point on, more people began filtering in.  The rest of the day was spent eating but most importantly, visiting and laughing with some of the people I love the most in the world.

Yesterday was my actual birthday.  I spent the day at home by myself until the girls and their friends got home from school.  By late morning, my back was in bad pain.  I ended up spending several hours asleep after taking my back medication.  Already this morning, some pain has returned.  Guess that'll teach me to NOT cut down trees by myself...

Anyway, I want to thank all of you who came to my surprise party and who remembered my birthday!!!  You're just the best!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.