Saturday, July 16, 2011

Devastating Fire

We just heard from our son, Adam. As you know, Adam moved into our home when he was 10-years-old. Of course, he had a family whom is not related to us. One of those people was his oldest sister who lives in Colby. She has children and grandchildren of her own.

One of her children and her family just lost the house that they were renting in Levant, Kansas. According to what I was told, it was the worst fire that firemen in their area have ever fought. The house was a total loss. The family was literally left with nothing except for the clothes that they were wearing. The family consists of the parents and 2 little boys who are 2 and 4.

Local ministers have paid for a motel room for the family for 2 nights. After that, they have no idea where they are going to be staying. Honestly, they are still in a state of shock and don't know what to do next. The family had no renters insurance. I need to check into this but someone told the family that it is now a law in Kansas that if you do not own your home, you must carry renters insurance to protect you in times like this.

The family needs all help that anyone can give. Here are items that you may be able to help with:

Clothing for the boys:
2T and 4T

All furniture for the place that they will eventually move to

All appliances for the place that they will eventually move to


Cash or gift cards

Toys for these little boys. Right now, they have nothing to play with. They have lost their home, their clothes, toys...everything. Can you imagine how out of sorts they must be feeling this morning???

Our son gave us the mailing address and physical address where donations of any kind can be sent or delivered. This is his neice's parents' house in Colby. I also have that telephone number so that we can contact someone whenever necessary.

In the meantime, please contact us if you would like to help in any way. At that time, I will give you the phone number and address. Please understand that I hate to put that information on here.

Mainly I am asking for any and all prayers for this family. The husband and wife have jobs but cannot afford to replace everything as soon as they need to. The most important thing is that no one was in the house at the time of the fire. The wife/mother was at work. The husband/father was in the yard grilling food for the boys and himself. No one is expecting perfect condition clothing, furniture, appliances, etc. I would like to know that these items were clean and in good shape.

Please leave a comment here, email me at or call me at 620.375.4584 or 620.376.8922.

Thank you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.