Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can you PLEASE donate food in YOUR county?

As we all know, the United States is stuck solidly in a major financial recession right now. Many people including children do not have the money that it takes to purchase food. The USDA (United States Development Agency) is asking for any of us who can to donate any non-perishable food at the local USDA offices throughout the nation. Our office is located in the former Jack's A and W building just to the east of the old junior high building on Hwy 96. Non-perishable foods include ANYTHING that does not require refrigeration or freezing. Canned and packaged products are what they really need. I do not THINK that loaves of bread can be accepted. I don't think that fresh vegetables, fruits or home canned foods can be accepted but you can check on that. You can continue to donate to this much needed fund through Tuesday, August 31st. No donation is too small or too large. Just give whatever you can.

The food donated in Wichita County will be transferred to the Wichita County Ministerial Alliance who will then be in charge of getting it to the folks in Wichita County who need it. For your information, people are also welcome and encouraged to donate food or money to the Ministerial Alliance for this exact purpose.

For more information, please call 375-2332.

Because of these donations, many people will be able to eat who otherwise would not...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.