Halloween has never meant much to me. Even as a teenager, it wouldn't have bothered me if we skipped from October 30th to November 1st. But for our children's sake, I have done my best to appear enthused with the whole thing.
Late yesterday evening, we were headed home after buying a few groceries. Out of the corner of one of the girls' eyes, she noticed a Halloween decoration set-up that we just had to see. I was driving so we went over to check it out. I don't want to ruin it for any Leotians so at this time, I am not going to describe what we saw. Just know that this is something so kool that I think the young, the old and everyone in between will get a great kick out of the whole deal! It is NOT goury, in my opinion anyway. I think that it is probably best to see it in daylight.
I am sorry but I cannot tell you who lives there. Given the fact that a police car was parked in the backyard, I am assuming that a police officer lives there. The address is in the 600 block of North 6th Street on the east side of the street. Believe me, you won't miss it! Here are the directions:
1. Go to Wheatland Electric. Go straight east for one block.
2. Turn to the north. You'll be able to see what I am talking about right away!
1. Go to the Main/Broadway Street intersection in the middle of town. Turn to the north at that blinking red light. (Disgusting, as I think that we should have a Red/Yellow/Green stoplight there!!!)
2. Continue north to the first intersection past the railroad tracks. (You'll be right next to the ADM, the former Collingwood Grain.).
3. Turn Right (east) for just one block.
4. Turn back to the north. Now, you simply cannot miss what I am talking about. The house to the north of it is really cute also!
These two houses are houses that Lou Boultinghouse moved to Leoti several years ago and put up for sale after he had done a thorough remodelling of them. They had been put on the auction block when St. Catherine's Hospital decided to expand their hospital several years ago. They either had to be moved or torn down. I am glad that he moved them to Leoti! They are just as cute as they can be!