I just received a list of books that have just come out in 2010 that would make great Christmas presents for the young in your life! They have excellent ratings with parents, teachers and kids alike.
1. Children Make Terrible Pets by Peter Brown This humorous book is intended for kids from 4-8 years old.
2. The Odious Ogre by Norton Juster is another humorous tale for kids from 4 to 8 years old.
3. It's a Book by Lane Smith This humorous book is intended for the 5-7 age group.
4. Art and Max by David Wiesner
5. The Nightwood by Robin Muller This new Celtic fairy tale reaches out to 5 to 8-year-olds.
6. Big Nate: In a Class by Himself AND Big Nate Strikes Again, both humorous books are written by Lincoln Peirce 9 to 12 year old kids really enjoy these!
7. The Clock Without a Face by Gus Twintig Mystery for 9-12 year olds.
8. The Search for WondLa a beautiful (and bizarre) fairy tale that follows along the lines of the Alice in Wonderland storyline. For 9 to 12 year olds.
9. Storyteller by Patricia Reilly Giff for 9 to 12 year olds.
10. The Candymakers by Wendy Mass for 10 to 14 years olds. Fun!
11. Reckless by Cornelia Funke a fantasy for the 11 to 14 age group
12. Adios, Nirvana by Conrad Wesselhoef People from 14 on up will enjoy this book which deals with real life issues.
13. Devil Dog by David Talbot Real life super-heroism book for people from 14 on up.
14. Shadow Knights by Gary Kamiya another super-heroism book for kids 14 and older.
15. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins a thriller for people from 15 on up.
These books might help you to find gifts that don't involve a computer or television for your loved ones!