As we all know, not all movies are created equally. There are just some (a lot of) movies out there that are not fit for children or even adults, in some cases. For me as a parent, it is always a happy thing for me to discover movies coming out that are great for entertaining our family! Very shortly, 5 of those such movies are going to be released. Here they are!
1. HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS Part 1 Of course, Harry Potter is a name that most, if not all, of us recognize. This latest movie in the much loved series will be released on November 19th, 2010. It is rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action, violence and frightening images.
2. Disney's TANGLED This is a remake of the famous RAPUNZEL but is not necessarily the same RAPUNZEL that we all remember. In this case, Rapunzel with the magic hair is no longer a maiden in distress. TANGLED is rated PG for brief mild violence. It will be released on November 24th, 2010.
3. NUTCRACKER 3D will be making it's debut on December 10th, 2010. It is rated PG for thematic elements, scary images, action and brief smoking.
4. CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: The Voyage of the Dawn Threader. Did you know that Disney Productions actually turned this series down??? I assume that they regret that action considering the fact that the NARNIA series has been a MAJOR box office hit!!! It is rated PG for some frightening images and sequences of fantasy action. It will be released on December 10th, 2010.
5. GULLIVERS TRAVELS, also a remake, will be hitting the general market on December 22nd, 2010. As of right now, no rating has been given for this Jack Black soon-to-be-hit-movie.
And, as always, you can count on me to post these movies as they become available at Tribune's Star Theatre!